Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ratatouillle



Hi All!

Got to see Ratatouille today in a sneak preview on 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. First off, I'm pretty sure anything I have to say about it is irrelevant as I'm sure anyone reading this blog is going to see it opening night on June 29th.

However, to add, I've heard comments such as "Brad Bird could only do so much" and even so far as to hear "Ratatouille sucks" - but I'd have to say that opinion is far from my own. Judging a Pixar movie is always tough, since it's held up to a golden standard of The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, and all the other great things Pixar has done.

Lifted was a fabulous short, simple in its concept and design and very well executed. Another great short film from Pixar that I can't wait to see again.

As for Ratatouille, I've got to say it was also a fabulous film. I've already booked a ticket to see it on opening night on the 29th, because quite frankly, it's a Pixar film, and is every bit as good as anything they've ever made. I'm sincerely hoping that this film does great at the box office, because it's much better than pretty much every film out there in theatres right now, many of which are getting heaping grosses purely off the fact that they are sequels to successful franchises (with the exception of Surf's Up, which is also a great film, which makes me glad to think that great animated features are being made nowadays!).

So I'd like to congratulate Pixar on another great film and to dispel any negative vibes you might have heard about it.

Make sure to check out the end credits for some great 2D animation from the likes of Adrian Molina and Tony Fucile. Also keep an eye out for a great logo of what this film is "100 free" from!

Go see it on the 29th!

5 comments:

Rade 2:37 AM  

Alan, I totally agree with you. Another Wonderful Pixar Film! Hats off to Brad and everyone at Pixar. Can’t wait to see it again on the 29th.

Anonymous 8:13 PM  

I'm with you , too, Alan.
"Ratatouille" is a delicious meal of a film ! I'm eager to see it again . 100% Pure ! (heh-heh... I still have a huge smile on my face from the end credits and that little "certification" at the very end)

Where'd you get the photo of the posters in the Pixar atrium ? I want those ! I hope they make those poster designs available to purchase.

Anonymous 8:20 PM  

Oh, and hey , everybody:

While you're waiting for "Ratatouille" to be released on June 29 , go see "Surf's Up" . (directed by former Pixarian Ash Brannon and former Disney director/animator Chris Buck ) Very good movie and it doesn't seem to be finding an audience . :-( I saw it in an almost empty theater. Go see it ! Crappy Feet wins the Oscar and does huge box office business ,but the Good Penguin movie, "Surf's Up", is going down ... no justice .

Cookedart 10:47 PM  

Hey Dave,

I couldn't agree with you more - Surf's Up is also a great film!

You can find the posters at Stephane Kardos' blog. I googled the posters and found that particular image on a Flickr Album.

The poster is actually in the movie - in Remy's Restaurant. I don't want to say more though!

Anonymous 10:16 AM  

rattouille=

Subscribe To...

Site Tracking...

free hit counter

eXTReMe Tracker

Locations of visitors to this page

  © Alan Cook, 2009. Template based on 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP